Viking Jupiter, a cruise ship built at Fincantieri’s shipyard in Ancona, Italy for Viking Cruises, has been delivered with a Thordon Bearings’ seawater-lubricated propeller shaft system.
News most read
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
- PortNews to hold fourth International Forum of Dredging Companies
- Damen Dredging Equipment Officially Opens Offices After Comprehensive Refit
- Ports in Support of Designating North Sea and Baltic Sea as Nitrogen Emission Control Areas
Shipyards and Shipbuilding
Witherbys, in conjunction with BIMCO and International Shipcare, has released a new publication called Ship Lay-up Guide.
On the 25th of January 2019 the contract was signed between Damen Shipyards Hardinxveld and longstanding client Herman Sr. for the building of the first diesel-electric Damen Shoalbuster 3514 SD DP2.
Bull Products, a manufacturer of life-saving fire protection equipment, has strengthened its presence in the shipbuilding industry after securing a partnership with a major Norwegian distributor.
Norwegian shipyard Vard Brevik has been tasked with building the NOK 250 million vessel on behalf of Oslo-listed international fertiliser producer YARA.
Goltens’ Worldwide Green Technologies Division Asia has announced contracts with NYK Bulk & Projects Carrier Ltd. and BW LPG for support in retrofitting a total of 37 vessels with ballast water treatment systems.