One of the UK’s leading aluminium vessel builders Wight Shipyard Co have been contracted to build the world’s first hybrid surface effect crew transfer vessel, which will service the Borssele 1 and 2 offshore windfarms located 23 kilometres off the Dutch coast.
News most read
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
- PortNews to hold fourth International Forum of Dredging Companies
- Damen Dredging Equipment Officially Opens Offices After Comprehensive Refit
- Ports in Support of Designating North Sea and Baltic Sea as Nitrogen Emission Control Areas
Shipyards and Shipbuilding
MMS Offshore Renewable Services Ltd has taken delivery of a Fast Crew Supplier 2610 from Damen Shipyards Group.
The latest additions to the modern and diverse fleet operated by Homeland Integrated Offshore Services have arrived safely in Nigeria and are now being prepared for their first assignments.
Australian custom superyacht builder Echo Yachts have announced the addition of two new, fully customisable 27m catamaran motoryacht and shadow vessel designs to their recently launched ‘Design Collection’.
BMT Specialised Ship Design has recently designed an 85m catamaran vehicle-passenger ferry built by Strategic Marine Vietnam, for family-owned Scottish ferry operator Pentland Ferries.
IBM has joined a global consortium of partners, led by marine research organisation ProMare, that are building an unmanned, fully-autonomous ship that will cross the Atlantic on the fourth centenary of the original Mayflower voyage in September 2020.