A Pembrokeshire boat building company has won a £5.8m contract to build two new Welsh Fisheries Patrol vessels for the Welsh Government.
News most read
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
- PortNews to hold fourth International Forum of Dredging Companies
- Damen Dredging Equipment Officially Opens Offices After Comprehensive Refit
- Ports in Support of Designating North Sea and Baltic Sea as Nitrogen Emission Control Areas
Shipyards and Shipbuilding
Damen Shipyards Group has delivered an ASD 2310 Tug to Foyle Port. Taking the position as most powerful tug at the port, the Strathfoyle marks a commitment to ongoing safe and efficient harbour assistance operations at Foyle Port.
Pilbara Marine Pty Ltd (Pilbara Marine), a wholly owned subsidiary of Fortescue Metals Group Ltd has placed an order with Damen Shipyards for the building of six, 32 metre Rotor Tugs.
Korean Register launches new ICT Center to accelerate development of advanced technology applications for the maritime industry
Korean Register (KR) - an IACS member classification society - has opened a new ICT (information communications technology) Center to dramatically enhance the application of advanced information and ICT across the maritime and ship classification industries.
Damen Shipyards Group’s range of Liquefied Gas Carriers is a response to the changes seen in the maritime LNG market in recent years. The Dutch company’s designs meet a variety of capacity requirements, from 500m3 to 7,500m3.
Sentinel Marine, Aberdeen-headquartered provider of offshore support vessels, has secured new contracts and extended existing contracts to the combined value of £17m in the first months of 2017.