A surge in offshore vessel repair and maintenance work at Gibdock has included a special project for returning customer Solstad, to ensure that Normand Reach meets the exacting hull cleanliness standards set by Australia’s National Biofouling Management Guidelines for commercial vessels.
News most read
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
- PortNews to hold fourth International Forum of Dredging Companies
- Damen Dredging Equipment Officially Opens Offices After Comprehensive Refit
- Ports in Support of Designating North Sea and Baltic Sea as Nitrogen Emission Control Areas
Shipyards and Shipbuilding
Stand number: A4-A6 At this year’s Poole Harbour Boat Show (19th- 21st May), Sunseeker will be showcasing its stylish 75 Yacht, the largest motor yacht at the Show and the impressive Predator 57.
Damen has launched the Renewables Service Vessel (RSV) 3315, a new type, which has been developed in close cooperation with Scottish company Delta Marine.
Samsung Heavy Industries has awarded TMC Compressors (TMC) a contract to deliver a marine compressed air system to a floating storage and regasification unit (FSRU) the South Korean yard is building for Höegh LNG.
Autonomous and 100% electric, ’YARA Birkeland’ will be the world’s most advanced container feeder ship.
Saam Smit Towage has ordered a new ASD (Azimuth Stern Drive) 2411 tug from Damen Shipyards, for operations in the port of Colón, Panama. Built for stock at Damen Song Cam Shipyard in Vietnam, it was subsequently transported to the Netherlands for finishing. With the agreement in place the new vessel, named the SST Portobelo, is now underway to join the 11-strong Saam Smit tug fleet in Panama.