Seaspan Shipyards has announced the commencement of refit work on the CCGS Sir Wilfrid Laurier for the Canadian Coast Guard.
News most read
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
- PortNews to hold fourth International Forum of Dredging Companies
- Damen Dredging Equipment Officially Opens Offices After Comprehensive Refit
- Ports in Support of Designating North Sea and Baltic Sea as Nitrogen Emission Control Areas
Shipyards and Shipbuilding
Damen’s first Fishing Seminar success as new leasing fund welcomed by South African fishing community
Damen’s first Fishing Seminar, held in Cape Town, was heralded a great success, with more than 60 participants attending from a broad cross-section of the industry, including the five major South African fishing companies.
Rolls-Royce and Finnish state-owned ferry operator Finferries have recently successfully demonstrated the world’s first fully autonomous ferry in the archipelago south of the city of Turku, Finland.
Leading Mexican offshore contractor Naviera Integral has signed a contract with the Damen Shipyards Group for the delivery of a new Fast Crew Supplier FCS 5009 for delivery in 2019.
Hapag-Lloyd has ordered ten Hybrid Ready Exhaust Gas Cleaning Systems, which will be gradually installed to ten of Hapag-Lloyd’s Hamburg class vessels (13,000 TEU) during 2019 and 2020. This will allow the company to comply with the upcoming IMO2020 low sulphur regulation.
Albwardy Damen celebrated its tenth anniversary on the 15th of November by officially opening its new ship repair facility at Dubai Maritime City.