Damen has launched the Renewables Service Vessel (RSV) 3315, a new type, which has been developed in close cooperation with Scottish company Delta Marine.
News most read
- ClassNK releases guidelines for Direct Load Analysis and Strength Assessment
- Mobil SHC Aware Gear Series oils secure additional thruster manufacturer approval
- First passenger ferry to receive Cummins QSK95 Propulsion Power
- Ports of Bremen and Bremerhaven sign up to Arctic commitment
- PSA’s Bharat Mumbai Container Terminals enhances Nhava Sheva connectivity with first barge and train volumes
Shipyards and Shipbuilding
Samsung Heavy Industries has awarded TMC Compressors (TMC) a contract to deliver a marine compressed air system to a floating storage and regasification unit (FSRU) the South Korean yard is building for Höegh LNG.
Autonomous and 100% electric, ’YARA Birkeland’ will be the world’s most advanced container feeder ship.
Saam Smit Towage has ordered a new ASD (Azimuth Stern Drive) 2411 tug from Damen Shipyards, for operations in the port of Colón, Panama. Built for stock at Damen Song Cam Shipyard in Vietnam, it was subsequently transported to the Netherlands for finishing. With the agreement in place the new vessel, named the SST Portobelo, is now underway to join the 11-strong Saam Smit tug fleet in Panama.
Saqr Port, part of Rash Al Khaimah (RAK) Ports, has signed a contract with the Damen Shipyards Group for the delivery of an ASD 2913 tug. The vessel will be built a short distance away at Albwardy Damen in Sharjah and will be delivered in time for the opening of the new bulk terminal at Saqr Port in mid-2018.
Thordon Bearings and Drydocks World-Dubai (DDW-D) have today signed a milestone agreement under which the UAE-based shipyard will work together with Thordon Bearings Inc. to promote the conversion of ships’ oil lubricated propeller shafts to Thordon’s COMPAC open seawater lubricated bearing system.