On 30th June 2018, the trailer suction hopper dredger DC Brugge was delivered to Scheepswerf Gebr. Kooiman B.V. in Zwijndrecht.
News most read
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
- PortNews to hold fourth International Forum of Dredging Companies
- Damen Dredging Equipment Officially Opens Offices After Comprehensive Refit
- Ports in Support of Designating North Sea and Baltic Sea as Nitrogen Emission Control Areas
Shipyards and Shipbuilding
The recent declaration of two Kamsarmax newbuilding options has increased Oldendorff Carriers orderbook.
Southampton-headquartered ship repairer and marine engineering services provider SMS has completed its first ever major high-speed craft (HSC) refit in France.
On 13th June 2018, the naming ceremony of the newly-built Damen tugs Rotterdam and Beagle took place in the Port of Rotterdam, during Kotug Smit Towage’s annual ‘Maatjes-party’ (Herring with friends, a traditional Dutch event to mark the beginning of the herring season).
Seaspan Shipyards and the Government of Canada have announced that work will begin soon on the Joint Support Ships for the Royal Canadian Navy.
Last year Stena (Stena Line’s parent company) announced a new build contract for a new generation of RoPax ferry vessels, Stena E-Flexer, with planned deliveries during 2020 and 2021.