Southampton-based ship repairer the SMS Group has started the year with a focus on core customers and several major refit wins.
News most read
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
- PortNews to hold fourth International Forum of Dredging Companies
- Damen Dredging Equipment Officially Opens Offices After Comprehensive Refit
- Ports in Support of Designating North Sea and Baltic Sea as Nitrogen Emission Control Areas
Shipyards and Shipbuilding
The Hamburg maritime engineering company HeavyLift@Sea has presented a solution with an individual basic design for a high-performance heavy cargo deck carrier.
Offshore support vessel specialist Sentinel Marine will create 80 new jobs by adding three multi-role ships to its fast-growing fleet.
Rolls-Royce has signed a contract to deliver ship design and an extensive range of equipment to a 70-metre long stern trawler to be built for Engenes fiskeriselskap AS, based in Troms county, northern Norway.
On 10th December, Damen sales manager Sjoerd de Bruin signed a contract with Port Nelson CEO Martin Byrne in New Zealand. Damen will deliver an ASD Tug 2411 to Port Nelson in support of the port’s expansion strategy.
NYK has signed long-term contracts with Diamond Gas International Pte. Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Mitsubishi Corporation, for DGI to charter from NYK three newly built LNG carriers.