On 20th September 2018, the Port of Marseille Fos and Monaco Marine Marseille officially signed their partnership to create a mega yacht maintenance and refit centre in the Mirabeau harbour sector of the Port of Marseille Fos.
News most read
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
- PortNews to hold fourth International Forum of Dredging Companies
- Damen Dredging Equipment Officially Opens Offices After Comprehensive Refit
- Ports in Support of Designating North Sea and Baltic Sea as Nitrogen Emission Control Areas
Shipyards and Shipbuilding
Damen has carried out the successful floating of the Antarctic Supply Research Vessel, RSV Nuyina currently under construction at Damen Shipyards Galati.
After the successful commissioning of Service Operations Vessel Bibby WaveMaster 1, Damen Shipyards started building its successor Bibby WaveMaster Horizon, purpose-built for the transfer and accommodation of support and maintenance engineers at offshore wind farms.
Displaying an extensive collection of historical maritime memorabilia, Damen Shipyards Galati has opened an exhibition in the Lower Danube University in the Romanian city of Galati.
Now that the IMO’s Ballast Water Management Convention has entered into force, more shipowners than ever before are actively looking at the installation of ballast water treatment systems onboard their vessels.
Kongsberg Maritime has been awarded significant contracts with Nanjing Jinling Shipyard Co., China to deliver power and hybrid systems to nine Roll on – Roll off vessels ordered by Grimaldi Group, Italy.