VT Halter Marine Inc, a company of Vision Technologies Systems, Inc. (VT Systems), today held a ceremony to commence construction on America’s first liquefied natural gas articulated tug and barge (LNG ATB) unit.
News most read
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
- PortNews to hold fourth International Forum of Dredging Companies
- Damen Dredging Equipment Officially Opens Offices After Comprehensive Refit
- Ports in Support of Designating North Sea and Baltic Sea as Nitrogen Emission Control Areas
Shipyards and Shipbuilding
The Minister-President of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Manuela Schwesig, and the Chairman and CEO of Genting Hong Kong, Tan Sri Lim Kok Thay, launched the flame cutter for the first steel cut in the Wismar yard of MV WERFTEN.
Azipod propulsion, the ABB technology that has become the industry standard in the cruise segment since its launch in 1990, has secured its 100th cruise ship order, winning a contract for powering the world’s first electric hybrid icebreaker.
Fincantieri and the Grimaldi Group signed a letter of intent for the lengthening and refurbishment program for the cruise ferries “Cruise Roma” and “Cruise Barcelona”.
Norwegian Bliss is scheduled to leave the covered building dock at the MeyerWerft on 17th February 2018.
SeaQuest Marine Project Management has been appointed to oversee the construction of the first purpose-built +100,000 dwt Polar Code compliant ice-class bulk carriers.