On 15th November, Color Line and Ulstein Verft marked the construction start-up on the world's largest plug-in hybrid ship, the 'Color Hybrid'.
News most read
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
- PortNews to hold fourth International Forum of Dredging Companies
- Damen Dredging Equipment Officially Opens Offices After Comprehensive Refit
- Ports in Support of Designating North Sea and Baltic Sea as Nitrogen Emission Control Areas
Shipyards and Shipbuilding
On 2nd November, Damen Shiprepair Curaçao commissioned its large floating C dock.
WS Sirius, the most powerful harbour and ocean-going tugboat with a bollard pull of 90 tons enters service this week in the Porto Açu, located in the north of the State of Rio de Janeiro.
The largest ever high-speed catamaran, which will operate on LNG fuel, will feature a fully integrated scope of supply from the technology group Wärtsilä.
As cruise ships become bigger and their passenger capacity increases, innovation spreads throughout the industry through top-level safety.
The MV Tasmanic Winter has nearly finished its voyage from China to Rotterdam with 24 new vessels onboard built at Damen yards in Changde and Yichang.