Over 50 representatives of current and potential suppliers attended Seaspan Shipyards’ (Seaspan) annual Industry Day hosted in Ottawa and received a progress update on the National Shipbuilding Strategy (NSS) and the opportunities associated with a Non-Combat package of vessels being constructed at Vancouver Shipyards.
News most read
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
- PortNews to hold fourth International Forum of Dredging Companies
- Damen Dredging Equipment Officially Opens Offices After Comprehensive Refit
- Ports in Support of Designating North Sea and Baltic Sea as Nitrogen Emission Control Areas
Shipyards and Shipbuilding
Gulf Craft, in conjunction with its exclusive dealer, Australian Superyachts, rode a wave of success with the premiere of Majesty 100 M/Y Oneworld at Sanctuary Cove International Boat Show - the Southern Hemisphere's premier boating festival. Celebrating a monumental achievement of being held for the 30th year, the show was held from 24th –27th May 2018 at The Marine Village.
Work has begun at Damen Shiprepair Dunkerque on the conversion of the trailing suction hopper dredger (TSHD) Samuel de Champlain from diesel-electric propulsion to dual-fuel capability combining MGO and LNG.
“Viking Jupiter”, the sixth ocean cruise ship which Fincantieri is building for Viking, was floated out on 10th May 2018 at the shipyard in Ancona.
Damen has delivered the first new beam trawler to take to the North Sea in twelve years.
Damen Shipyards Group has announced the introduction of a new model to its Fast Crew Supplier range.