The engines and steerable thrusters supplied by the technology group Wärtsilä are delivering excellent performance for two new tug boats operated by the Turkish Directorate General of Coastal Safety.
News most read
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
- PortNews to hold fourth International Forum of Dredging Companies
- Damen Dredging Equipment Officially Opens Offices After Comprehensive Refit
- Ports in Support of Designating North Sea and Baltic Sea as Nitrogen Emission Control Areas
Shipyards and Shipbuilding
Work on overhauling diesel engines on one of the most advanced diving support vessels in the world has been completed by power specialist Royston.
A ship that previously belonged to Serco is to become the latest medical vessel for Edinburgh-based charity, Vine Trust, and is expected to deliver over 2 million medical consultations in its lifetime.
With the construction of the 80 Sunreef Power now well underway, the shipyard Sunreef Yachts has lifted the veil of secrecy on a few interior designs elaborated for the first crafts to come.
Damen Shipyards Cape Town has hosted a keel laying ceremony to mark the start of construction on the first of three Multi-mission Inshore Patrol Vessels for the South African Navy.
The SMS Group, one of the country’s leading ship repairers and marine engineering services providers, has secured two very important contracts with Trinity House.