Australia’s 100% custom superyacht newbuild and refit specialist Echo Yachts has declared that they will be focusing all of their new product development efforts on advanced engineered, ecologically focused superyachts for like-minded clients.
News most read
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
- PortNews to hold fourth International Forum of Dredging Companies
- Damen Dredging Equipment Officially Opens Offices After Comprehensive Refit
- Ports in Support of Designating North Sea and Baltic Sea as Nitrogen Emission Control Areas
Shipyards and Shipbuilding
Mitsubishi Shipbuilding, a Group company of Mitsubishi Heavy Industries based in Yokohama, has concluded a contract with MOL to build two LNG-fueled ferries, the first such project in Japan.
Rolls-Royce and vessel designers Robert Allan have developed the world’s first shallow-water push boat powered by LNG natural gas engines.
The technology group Wärtsilä has signed a strategic development agreement with Chinese state-owned shipbuilder CSSC Huangpu Wenchong Shipbuilding Company Limited Huangpu Wenchong.
The technology group Wärtsilä has been selected to supply a comprehensive package of solutions for two new state-of-the-art vessels being built for the Netherlands-based shipping company Spliethoff.
VIKING has secured a contract from Kværner AS to deliver three VIKING Norsafe E-GES 52 electric free-fall lifeboats and compatible davits, in a significant advance for electric propulsion.