- Port of Kiel bids farewell to Knud Sörensen
- BIMCO and CIRM propose software maintenance standard for shipping
- Survitec Group goes global by adding extra engineers to lifeboat servicing programme
- Seaspan Shipyards and the Government of Canada Celebrate the Launch of the First Large Vessel
- Port of Québec proposes construction of a container terminal
- Duncan Dunn appointed new Baltic Exchange Chairman
- Kongsberg Digital acquires a share of NSG Digital
- New appointments strengthen Mech-Tool Engineering
- MJM Group secures first drydock contract in China
- EURONAV opts for SERTICA Fleet Management
Wide consensus that the global shipping fleet must rapidly decarbonise has catalysed some of shipping’s most ambitious and commercially-savvy leaders, strategists and innovators to co-develop an Action Plan for the decarbonisation of international shipping in line with meeting the target of limiting global temperatures to 1.5oC, as indicated in the Paris Agreement.
Bureau Veritas (BV) has been awarded the responsibility for classification of CMA CGM’s new 22,000 TEU containerships.
In November 2017, at the annual CrewConnect Global conference, the ATPI Group celebrates three years since its acquisition of Griffin Travel and the inception of ATPI Griffinstone.
The European Commission has approved under EU State aid rules the prolongation until end 2022 of various Belgian support measures for maritime transport.
In Q3, the revenue of A.P. Møller - Mærsk A/S’ continuing operations increased by 14% over the year, driven by higher freight rates in Maersk Line.
Algoma Central Corporation, a leading provider of marine transportation services, has announced that the first Equinox Class self-unloader, the seaway-max size Algoma Niagara, arrived at the Canadian port of Sept Iles, Quebec on 1st November 2017.
For the third consecutive year, CMA CGM has received the Gold Recognition Level by Ecovadis, the first collaborative platform providing Supplier Sustainability Ratings for global supply chains.
Leading classification society ClassNK has just released the latest version of Good Maintenance Onboard Ships (October 2017).