- Admiral Vidal Francisco Soberón Sanz takes part in a symbolic coin ceremony at Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding
- New Harbor Commission President Sets Priorities
- Global marine group secures cable contract for rampion offshore wind farm
- MTU engines from rolls-royce to power harbour tugs for the first time with 90 tonnes of bullard pull.
- Cloud-technology revolutionises fleet and crew management at Norddeutsche Reederei H. Schuldt
- Uscg type approval tests complete for evoqua seacure® system
- EMSA launches a monitoring, reporting and verification system to help reduce CO2 emissions from shipping at EU level
- New Dometic XZ Watermaker Purifies Seawater and Fresh Water in a Single Compact Unit
- Go on a virtual tour of Tuco Marine’s latest high pressure cleaning vessel
- E2x corrosion proof warning devices benefit from major upgrades
Scorpio Tankers Inc. (NYSE:STNG) (“Scorpio”) announced today that it has entered into definitive agreements to merge with Navig8 Product Tankers Inc. (NOTC: EIGHT) (“Navig8”) and acquire Navig8’s 27 operating product tankers (the “Merger”).
National maritime charity, the Shipwrecked Mariners’ Society, is marking the centenary of the introduction of the ocean convoying of merchant ships in World War One by launching a video detailing the history and impact of the convoy system.
DNV GL has confirmed that Columbia Shipmanagement complies with the highest standards in energy and safety management. Torsten Schramm, President at DNV GL – Maritime, recently presented the ISO certification for the standards ISO 50001:2011 and OHSAS 18001:2007 to Carsten Sommerhage, Director of Columbia Shipmanagement (Deutschland) GmbH, at the shipping company’s offices in Hamburg.
Milaha, a Qatar-based maritime transport and logistics conglomerate, has launched a door-to-door shipping service between Qatar and UAE, and vice versa. Mainly targeting SMEs in the automotive spare parts, fashion retail, and the Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) sectors, Milaha will use its own marine transport assets and logistics infrastructure to fulfil the service.
Human Rights at Sea is very pleased to announce the publishing of a new mental health welfare leaflet ‘Remaining Resilient after Traumatic Events’ for the benefit of seafarers, fishermen, their friends and family tackling the issue of how to remain resilient after a traumatic event.
A local shipping company with combined staff experience of almost 100 years in the trade is expanding its business to bring additional services in-house.