- Port of Kiel bids farewell to Knud Sörensen
- BIMCO and CIRM propose software maintenance standard for shipping
- Survitec Group goes global by adding extra engineers to lifeboat servicing programme
- Seaspan Shipyards and the Government of Canada Celebrate the Launch of the First Large Vessel
- Port of Québec proposes construction of a container terminal
- Duncan Dunn appointed new Baltic Exchange Chairman
- Kongsberg Digital acquires a share of NSG Digital
- New appointments strengthen Mech-Tool Engineering
- MJM Group secures first drydock contract in China
- EURONAV opts for SERTICA Fleet Management
The World Wind Energy Association (WWEA) announced on November 2, 2017 a key strategic partnership with the International Windship Association (IWSA) in order to further promote the uptake of wind technology by the global shipping fleet.
Danish Shipping’s members are invited to a workshop on bunker oil and choices related to the upcoming global Sulphur limit.
ECSA has reacted to last week’s International Maritime Organisation’s (IMO) intersessional meeting of the Marine Environment Protection Committee (MEPC), stating that it believed that continuous progress was made.
Dr Eng. Abdullah Salem Al Kathiri, Director General of the Federal Authority for Land and Marine Transport, received the Outstanding Marine Achievement Award for the year 2017 at the prestigious Marine Business Awards ceremony under the patronage of Sheikh Ahmed Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, President of the Civil Aviation Authority and Chairman of Aviation United Arab Emirates.
Far-Eastern Shipping Company PLC has announced that on 20th October 2017, FESCO obtained an approval from the requisite majority of its shareholders with respect to the guarantee provided by FESCO, to the holders of the outstanding 8.00% Senior Secured Notes due 2018 and 8.75% Senior Secured Notes due 2020 on 6th September 2017, in support of the obligations under the USD Notes.
WindEurope, the European wind energy association, has invited its leading customers, firms and organisations, to visit Bilbao Exhibition Centre this month for the chance to take a first look at the complex that is to host its leading international event in 2019: the WindEurope Conference & Exhibition.