- Admiral Vidal Francisco Soberón Sanz takes part in a symbolic coin ceremony at Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding
- New Harbor Commission President Sets Priorities
- Global marine group secures cable contract for rampion offshore wind farm
- MTU engines from rolls-royce to power harbour tugs for the first time with 90 tonnes of bullard pull.
- Cloud-technology revolutionises fleet and crew management at Norddeutsche Reederei H. Schuldt
- Uscg type approval tests complete for evoqua seacure® system
- EMSA launches a monitoring, reporting and verification system to help reduce CO2 emissions from shipping at EU level
- New Dometic XZ Watermaker Purifies Seawater and Fresh Water in a Single Compact Unit
- Go on a virtual tour of Tuco Marine’s latest high pressure cleaning vessel
- E2x corrosion proof warning devices benefit from major upgrades
Leading maritime event week Nor-Shipping will be playing host to a diverse range of speakers this year, mixing high level maritime business insights with political perspectives, thought leadership and game-changing innovation.
Nakilat held its Annual General Meeting (AGM) for the financial year 2016 and Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM). During the AGM, Nakilat’s Board of Directors stated that the company achieved a net profit of QR 955 million compared to QR 984 million for the year 2015. The General Assembly reviewed and approved all its agenda.
Seagull Maritime hasreceived approval by the Norwegian Maritime Authority (NMA) for an on-board version of the Norwegian Maritime Rules & Regulations course; a requirement for all non-Norwegian Masters serving on a vessel flying the Norwegian flag.
Global maritime technology innovator Martek Marine has teamed up with maritime professionals’ trade union Nautilus International to launch a first-of-its-kind survey exploring the provision and effectiveness of healthcare services onboard seafaring vessels.
Maritime professionals’ trade union, Nautilus International, is arguing for fairer regulation in the shipping industry to safeguard more skilled and less precarious jobs for European seafarers.
Nor-Shipping 2017 has confirmed that Rear Admiral Paul Thomas of the U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) is the latest high profile speaker to be signed for the leading maritime event week.
Diana Shipping Inc, a global shipping company specialising in the ownership of dry bulk vessels, today announced that, through a separate wholly-owned subsidiary, it has entered into a time charter contract with Caravel Shipping Limited, Hong Kong, for one of its Panamax dry bulk vessels, the m/v Dione, for a period of minimum nine (9) months to about twelve (12) months.
The Mission to Seafarers is pleased to announce that Tom Boardley, Executive Vice President of Lloyd’s Register has been appointed as the new Chairman of the global maritime welfare charity.