- Hapag-Lloyd successfully completes capital increase
- South Florida Diesel Specialist Named as Cox Distributor in Key Target Region
- Rickmers-Line and RZ Carrier certified according to latest ISO standards
- GNS launches VOYAGER Hub: a new generation back of bridge software solution for commercial shipping
- Actisense Wins British Chamber Awards Regional Export Business of the Year Accolade
- Online learning is the new key to incident investigation
- Wärtsilä uses start-up mindset to accelerate Intelligent Vessel outcomes
- The construction of New West Port in Kalundborg has begun
- ExxonMobil Survey Reveals No Clear Route to Compliance with 2020 Global Sulphur Cap
- AMELS signs new 78-metre full custom yacht
Maersk is set to unveil the thinking behind its recent tie-ups with IBM and China’s Alibaba when the firm’s Chief Digital Officer, Ibrahim Gokcen, takes the stage at this year’s Nor-Shipping.
With the addition of two new tankers named “M/T ALACATI” and “M/T BAYRAKLI”, Arkas Bunkering increased its number of tankers to seven. The latter which will be the largest fuel oil bunker tanker in Turkey will achieve supply operations in short periods of time.
Nakilat has assumed full ship management and operations of Q-Flex LNG carrier Mesaimeer from STASCo (Shell Trading and Shipping Company Ltd.) with effect from 23 March 2017, as part of the planned and phased transition announced on 19th October 2016.
Portrix Logistic Software (PLS) has created a bespoke Excel extension for its market leading Global Price Management (GPM) package, transforming the process of logistics tender management. With the new extension, christened Tender Assistant, optimised shipping rates are automatically sourced from GPM and inputted into Excel tender documents. This slashes workloads, increases productivity and revolutionises a laborious process that is the bane of freight forwards and carriers worldwide.
Leading maritime event week Nor-Shipping will be playing host to a diverse range of speakers this year, mixing high level maritime business insights with political perspectives, thought leadership and game-changing innovation.
Nakilat held its Annual General Meeting (AGM) for the financial year 2016 and Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM). During the AGM, Nakilat’s Board of Directors stated that the company achieved a net profit of QR 955 million compared to QR 984 million for the year 2015. The General Assembly reviewed and approved all its agenda.
Seagull Maritime hasreceived approval by the Norwegian Maritime Authority (NMA) for an on-board version of the Norwegian Maritime Rules & Regulations course; a requirement for all non-Norwegian Masters serving on a vessel flying the Norwegian flag.
Global maritime technology innovator Martek Marine has teamed up with maritime professionals’ trade union Nautilus International to launch a first-of-its-kind survey exploring the provision and effectiveness of healthcare services onboard seafaring vessels.