On 26th February 2018, Mitsui O.S.K. Lines, Ltd. signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Far East Investment and Export Agency under the Ministry of the Russian Federation for the Development of the Far East to cooperate with each other in the development of the Northern Sea Route and the Russian Far East.
News most read
- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- PortNews to hold fourth International Forum of Dredging Companies
- Damen Dredging Equipment Officially Opens Offices After Comprehensive Refit
- Ports in Support of Designating North Sea and Baltic Sea as Nitrogen Emission Control Areas
Korean Register, an IACS member classification society, has announced that it has signed an agreement with Songa Ship Management to provide specialist cyber security technical services, covering a fleet of 32 ships.
The International Marine Contractor’s (IMCA) Technical Manager, Mark Ford, has been unanimously endorsed by the International Association of Classification Societies (IACS) to become a member of the IACS Advisory Committee (AVC).
Having come out first in the bunker fuel sales in the last two consequent years in Turkey, the holder of the “Best Bunkering Company” title, Arkas Bunkering, has increased its carrying capacity by 16% with the addition of the two new tankers in 2017.
The maritime sector held the first meeting of its new Women in Maritime Taskforce on 21st February.
GulfMark Offshore, Inc has announced that Samuel R. Rubio will be promoted to the position of Chief Financial Officer upon completion of the filing of the Company’s Form 10-K. Mr Rubio will replace James M. Mitchell, who will transition his responsibilities to Mr Rubio over the next several weeks.