MV Baru, the first vessel in the next generation of combination carriers, the CLEANBUs, was named recently by the Norwegian Minister of Foreign Affairs, Ine Eriksen Søreide at New Yangzi Shipyard in China.
News most read
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
- PortNews to hold fourth International Forum of Dredging Companies
- Damen Dredging Equipment Officially Opens Offices After Comprehensive Refit
- Ports in Support of Designating North Sea and Baltic Sea as Nitrogen Emission Control Areas
To reduce emissions across the maritime sector, national authorities need to first quantify those emissions and then develop a strategy to reduce them.
The International Chamber of Shipping has released a new study conducted by the Hamburg School of Business Administration on behalf of ICS, regarding the potential effects of autonomous ships on the role of seafarers and the global shipping industry.
The prestigious SHIPPINGInsight Award for 2018 was presented recently to CMA CGM Group and Shone Automation for an artificial intelligence pilot program for bridge operations at the 7th Fleet Optimisation & Innovation Conference in Stamford, Connecticut.
Ensign doubles membership with onboarding of the Stena Line (UK) Pension Scheme defined contribution members
The Stena Line UK Group has chosen Ensign – the Master Trust pension scheme for the shipping and maritime sector – to be its main defined contribution pension provider for the majority of its employees, both seagoing and shore-based.
Golden-Agri Stena, since 2012 a joint venture between Stena Bulk and Golden Agri-Resources, has started a new joint venture, GSB Tankers, together with Bay Crest Management.