Recently, Hapag-Lloyd celebrated the official opening of its new office in Tema, the most important port city in Ghana.
News most read
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
- PortNews to hold fourth International Forum of Dredging Companies
- Damen Dredging Equipment Officially Opens Offices After Comprehensive Refit
- Ports in Support of Designating North Sea and Baltic Sea as Nitrogen Emission Control Areas
Scorpio Tankers Inc has announced that, following from the announcement of new financing initiatives on 25th April 2018, the Company has received commitments from four leading European financial institutions for three separate loan facilities of up to $195.9 million in aggregate, which will raise $53.9 million of new liquidity in aggregate after the repayment of $142.0 million of existing secured debt.
The move towards container leasing and away from carrier ownership continues unabated and the leased fleet now has a clear majority over that owned by transport operators, according to the latest edition of the Container Census & Leasing and Equipment Insight published by global shipping consultancy Drewry.
A draft charter to drive greater gender balance across UK maritime industries is being drawn up by the Women in Maritime Taskforce, the high-level grouping of industry and government executives put together by Maritime UK.
BIMCO's Documentary Committee is expected to adopt a new version of the standard contract Bunker Terms in New York on 2nd May.
MacGregor, part of Cargotec, is one of the partners participating in the Finland-Singapore Maritime Innovation camp, which has been designed to accelerate developments within the maritime industry and create value for stakeholders.