A host of industry representatives, MPs and members of the House of Lords joined international maritime charity Sailors’ Society to mark its 200 years of supporting seafarers and their families around the world, at a reception held in Parliament last week.
News most read
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
- PortNews to hold fourth International Forum of Dredging Companies
- Damen Dredging Equipment Officially Opens Offices After Comprehensive Refit
- Ports in Support of Designating North Sea and Baltic Sea as Nitrogen Emission Control Areas
Built to Polar Class 6 standard, the ship is designed to be the most versatile expedition ship operating in the polar regions.
Verifavia, the world’s leading emissions verification company for the transport sector (aviation and shipping) announced, during Posidonia 2018, that it has become the first independent verifier authorised by the Panama Maritime Authority to conduct the International Maritime Organisation’s (IMO) Data Collection System (DCS) verification services for vessels registered in Panama.
Bureau Veritas has strengthened its offering to marine and offshore clients with significant promotions and appointments to its senior teams in Europe and North America.
Global trade enabler DP World has become the first company in its sector to join the World Ocean Council (WOC) as part of its leadership journey to actively engage in the protection of the world’s oceans.
With global economic activity shifting from the West to the East, competition between Middle Eastern and Asian maritime nations intensifies in their bid to attract a bigger slice of the global shipping industry’s diverse revenue streams.