DNV GL has confirmed that Columbia Shipmanagement complies with the highest standards in energy and safety management. Torsten Schramm, President at DNV GL – Maritime, recently presented the ISO certification for the standards ISO 50001:2011 and OHSAS 18001:2007 to Carsten Sommerhage, Director of Columbia Shipmanagement (Deutschland) GmbH, at the shipping company’s offices in Hamburg.
News most read
- ClassNK releases guidelines for Direct Load Analysis and Strength Assessment
- Mobil SHC Aware Gear Series oils secure additional thruster manufacturer approval
- First passenger ferry to receive Cummins QSK95 Propulsion Power
- Ports of Bremen and Bremerhaven sign up to Arctic commitment
- PSA’s Bharat Mumbai Container Terminals enhances Nhava Sheva connectivity with first barge and train volumes
Milaha, a Qatar-based maritime transport and logistics conglomerate, has launched a door-to-door shipping service between Qatar and UAE, and vice versa. Mainly targeting SMEs in the automotive spare parts, fashion retail, and the Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) sectors, Milaha will use its own marine transport assets and logistics infrastructure to fulfil the service.
Following the termination of the EBS service jointly operated by Arkas and Seago, Arkas Line will revamp its Black Sea and Israel coverage.
Human Rights at Sea is very pleased to announce the publishing of a new mental health welfare leaflet ‘Remaining Resilient after Traumatic Events’ for the benefit of seafarers, fishermen, their friends and family tackling the issue of how to remain resilient after a traumatic event.
A local shipping company with combined staff experience of almost 100 years in the trade is expanding its business to bring additional services in-house.
Closing Includes Full Exercise of Underwriters’ US$10.5 Million Over-Allotment Option;
Board Approval Of Acquisition Of Three Dry Bulk Vessels Received.