The BIMCO President, Anastasios Papagiannopoulos and ECSA President, Panos Laskarides met in Athens recently to discuss areas of cooperation and further alignment between the two leading associations representing shipowners globally and in Europe respectively.
News most read
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
- PortNews to hold fourth International Forum of Dredging Companies
- Damen Dredging Equipment Officially Opens Offices After Comprehensive Refit
- Ports in Support of Designating North Sea and Baltic Sea as Nitrogen Emission Control Areas
The medium-term outlook for global container port demand growth is positive thanks to strong underlying economic momentum across the world’s major economies.
New generation ‘smart’ engine and IAMCS integrated marine console technologies will be the focus of instrumentation, control and power management specialist, CMR Group’s stand (B6-417) at SMM 2018.
Specialised international shipping law firm Campbell Johnston Clark has announced new senior appointments to the Admiralty and Casualty teams in its London and Singapore offices.
Photographers across the UK have just two weeks to enter their best images of the sea in an annual photography competition run by national maritime charity, the Shipwrecked Mariners’ Society.
Asset quality, size and diversification will determine the success of shipping companies in the next 18 months as higher costs, tighter environmental rules and worsening global trade relations risk offsetting buoyant demand and capacity reductions.