Maritime professionals’ trade union, Nautilus International, is arguing for fairer regulation in the shipping industry to safeguard more skilled and less precarious jobs for European seafarers.
News most read
- ClassNK releases guidelines for Direct Load Analysis and Strength Assessment
- Mobil SHC Aware Gear Series oils secure additional thruster manufacturer approval
- First passenger ferry to receive Cummins QSK95 Propulsion Power
- Ports of Bremen and Bremerhaven sign up to Arctic commitment
- PSA’s Bharat Mumbai Container Terminals enhances Nhava Sheva connectivity with first barge and train volumes
Nor-Shipping 2017 has confirmed that Rear Admiral Paul Thomas of the U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) is the latest high profile speaker to be signed for the leading maritime event week.
Diana Shipping Inc, a global shipping company specialising in the ownership of dry bulk vessels, today announced that, through a separate wholly-owned subsidiary, it has entered into a time charter contract with Caravel Shipping Limited, Hong Kong, for one of its Panamax dry bulk vessels, the m/v Dione, for a period of minimum nine (9) months to about twelve (12) months.
The Mission to Seafarers is pleased to announce that Tom Boardley, Executive Vice President of Lloyd’s Register has been appointed as the new Chairman of the global maritime welfare charity.
A benchmark analysis shows that Denmark has 33 special requirements for ships flying the Danish flag.
Steve Dawson and Alex Karakassis have been appointed Managing Directors of HANSA HEAVY LIFT GmbH, taking over from outgoing Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Roger Iliffe, with immediate effect.