In the next step towards smart ships, Rolls-Royce and VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd have announced a strategic partnership to design, test and validate the first generation of remote and autonomous ships.
News most read
- Mobil SHC Aware Gear Series oils secure additional thruster manufacturer approval
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
- Ports of Bremen and Bremerhaven sign up to Arctic commitment
- ClassNK releases guidelines for Direct Load Analysis and Strength Assessment
In a challenging year for the shipping industry, Maersk Line has received the prestigious award from Lloyd’s Loading List’s readers, recognising best achievements in freight logistics over the last year.
Hanjin’s receivership represents the trough of the container shipping market and despite continuing concerns of weak trade growth and fleet oversupply a gradual market recovery is now expected, according to the latest annual Container Forecaster and Review 2016/17 report published by global shipping consultancy Drewry.
A new lifeboat station has been opened on the Greek island of Chios – with the co-operation of International Maritime Rescue Federation (IMRF) members – to help support the rescue of migrants in the Aegean.