"The IMO has done something no one has done before: set an absolute target for emission reductions for an entire industry. It is a landmark achievement in the effort to reduce emissions and something that every other industry should look to for inspiration," says Lars Robert Pedersen, BIMCO Deputy Secretary-General and delegate at the IMO meeting.
News most read
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
- PortNews to hold fourth International Forum of Dredging Companies
- Damen Dredging Equipment Officially Opens Offices After Comprehensive Refit
- Ports in Support of Designating North Sea and Baltic Sea as Nitrogen Emission Control Areas
AET Inc. Limited and Shell International Trading and Shipping Company Limited has formalised arrangements for the long-term charter of AET’s two newbuild LNG dual-fuelled Aframax tankers.
Danish shipping and logistics group DFDS has acquired Turkey’s largest operator of Ro-Ro freight ships and will be a major player in the strong and continuously growing trade between the EU and Turkey.
Per Martin Tanggaard, Nor-Shipping’s straight-talking new Director plots a path forward for an industry and exhibition that, he believes, can access new opportunities by playing to traditional strengths.
Bahri, a global leader in logistics and transportation, accepted the delivery of ‘Khurais,’ a Very Large Crude-oil Carrier, further enhancing its market-leading capabilities in crude oil transportation.
Key political and business leaders are converging at Nor-Shipping’s Opening Oceans Conference with a mission to highlight, discuss and enable new business opportunities for the maritime and ocean industries.