ABB has strengthened its position as the marine market’s frontrunner on hydrogen fuel cell technology through its role in FLAGSHIPS, the EU-funded initiative to deploy commercially operated zero-emission vessels for inland and short sea operations.
News most read
- ClassNK releases guidelines for Direct Load Analysis and Strength Assessment
- Mobil SHC Aware Gear Series oils secure additional thruster manufacturer approval
- Ports of Bremen and Bremerhaven sign up to Arctic commitment
- First passenger ferry to receive Cummins QSK95 Propulsion Power
- aqua-tools to urge tanker owners to assess treated ballast water
Norsepower Oy Ltd. has announced that independent test results showed that Norsepower’s Rotor Sail technology has great potential to deliver savings on the Viking Line-owned and operated M/S Viking Grace.
Following a roundtable discussion hosted by the Institute of Marine Engineering, Science & Technology together with the Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science, a report has been published on an industry-level response to marine plastic pollution.
Monaco Solar & Energy Boat Challenge, banning all fossil fuels and asking competitors and the Monegasque community to strive for zero emissions during the 5-day event.
The Hellenic Marine Environment Protection Association - HELMEPA, National Coordinator of this pan-European Campaign, has invited all youngsters and adults to take part in this year’s initiative and to express its environmental sensitivity by organising a symbolic cleanup.