Nippon Paint Marine has developed a novel hull inspection tool that negates the need for divers or remotely operated vehicles.
News most read
- ClassNK releases guidelines for Direct Load Analysis and Strength Assessment
- Mobil SHC Aware Gear Series oils secure additional thruster manufacturer approval
- Ports of Bremen and Bremerhaven sign up to Arctic commitment
- First passenger ferry to receive Cummins QSK95 Propulsion Power
- Meercat launches workhorse M18
Equipment and Services
ABB has secured a contract from Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering in excess of $300 million to supply a comprehensive power and propulsion package for six new specialised vessels that will transport LNG along the Northern Sea Route.
The technology group Wärtsilä, the marine industry’s leading LNG solutions and services provider, will supply its advanced Energy Storage System to be retrofitted on four Harvey Energy class LNG-fuelled Platform Supply Vessels.
Securing a contract from Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering, ABB Marine & Ports will deliver the power and control technology for the two new KNOT shuttle tankers to future-proof them for the operations of tomorrow and enable the sustainability gains increasingly sought by energy majors.