Inmarsat, the world leader in global mobile satellite communications, and Cobham SATCOM, the market leading provider of radio and satellite communications solutions, have been awarded a new contract to connect 732 fishing vessels active in the Maldives Economic Exclusion Zone to Inmarsat’s Fleet One maritime broadband services.
News most read
- ClassNK releases guidelines for Direct Load Analysis and Strength Assessment
- Mobil SHC Aware Gear Series oils secure additional thruster manufacturer approval
- Ports of Bremen and Bremerhaven sign up to Arctic commitment
- First passenger ferry to receive Cummins QSK95 Propulsion Power
- Meercat launches workhorse M18
Equipment and Services
The technology group Wärtsilä has announced that Mercy Ships, a philanthropic organisation providing essential healthcare to needy patients in developing countries, will be utilising its engine technology in the organisation’s new hospital ship.
AST Marine Sciences has been awarded a three year contract to supply an advanced Inshore Vessel Monitoring Solution for the Welsh inshore fleet of 400 under 12-metre fishing vessels.
Inmarsat, the world leader in global, mobile satellite communications, has equipped four Paraná River push boats operated by Impala Paraguay with Fleet Xpress connectivity, in a breakthrough for maritime broadband inland along one of South America’s longest waterways.