Thordon Bearings is to retrofit its grease-free ThorPlas-Blue bearings to ForSea Ferries’ Tycho Brahe, one of the world’s most environmentally friendly ships, at its next scheduled drydocking.
News most read
- ClassNK releases guidelines for Direct Load Analysis and Strength Assessment
- Mobil SHC Aware Gear Series oils secure additional thruster manufacturer approval
- First passenger ferry to receive Cummins QSK95 Propulsion Power
- Ports of Bremen and Bremerhaven sign up to Arctic commitment
- aqua-tools to urge tanker owners to assess treated ballast water
Equipment and Services
Nippon Paint Marine has developed a novel hull inspection tool that negates the need for divers or remotely operated vehicles.
ABB has secured a contract from Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering in excess of $300 million to supply a comprehensive power and propulsion package for six new specialised vessels that will transport LNG along the Northern Sea Route.
The technology group Wärtsilä, the marine industry’s leading LNG solutions and services provider, will supply its advanced Energy Storage System to be retrofitted on four Harvey Energy class LNG-fuelled Platform Supply Vessels.