Swedish ferry company Stena Line has officially taken ownership of its newest ferry, Stena Embla, following a handover ceremony in Weihai, China.
News most read
- ClassNK releases guidelines for Direct Load Analysis and Strength Assessment
- Mobil SHC Aware Gear Series oils secure additional thruster manufacturer approval
- Ports of Bremen and Bremerhaven sign up to Arctic commitment
- First passenger ferry to receive Cummins QSK95 Propulsion Power
- aqua-tools to urge tanker owners to assess treated ballast water
Ferries and Cruises
The technology group Wärtsilä has won the contract to supply the engines and a range of its electric solutions for two new ferries under construction at the China Merchants Jinling Shipyard in China.
After nearly six decades servicing the Norwegian coast, MS Lofoten is slated to leave the Hurtigruten fleet from 2021 to become a training ship, educating future generations of seafarers.
The lifting of the CDC’s ‘No-Sail Order’ puts cruise shipbuilding back on track and activities at resin applications specialist Bolidt have quickly ramped up in response.
Dream Cruises officially re-started its cruise service in Singapore on 6th November with World Dream’s debut in the city and her first ‘Super Seacation’ itinerary created especially for the Singaporean market.
Ferry company Stena Line has announced a further expansion of its operations across the Baltic Sea region.