The latest addition to Saga’s ocean cruise fleet, Spirit of Adventure, has been handed over in Emden, Germany by shipbuilder Meyer Werft.
News most read
- ClassNK releases guidelines for Direct Load Analysis and Strength Assessment
- Mobil SHC Aware Gear Series oils secure additional thruster manufacturer approval
- Ports of Bremen and Bremerhaven sign up to Arctic commitment
- First passenger ferry to receive Cummins QSK95 Propulsion Power
- aqua-tools to urge tanker owners to assess treated ballast water
Ferries and Cruises
At an official handover ceremony with the Meyer Werft shipyard in Germany, P&O Cruises took ownership of Iona, the latest addition to its fleet and the largest cruise ship ever built for the UK market.
Tour boat passengers will be able to experience one of the wonders of the natural world undisturbed by exhaust fumes, engine noise or vibrations, after a pair of vessels installed with all-electric propulsion from ABB have been approved to enter service on 6th October 2020.
ABB has won a contract with Guangzhou Shipyard International Ltd for supplying a full scope of integrated solutions for P&O Ferries’ two new vessels.
Corvus Energy has been selected by Holland Ship Electric to supply lithium ion battery-based energy storage systems for five new all-electric ferries being built by Holland Shipyard Group for Amsterdam’s municipal public transport provider, GVB.
Wight Shipyard Co has achieved a UK first by building four ferries simultaneously at its yard in Cowes, Isle of Wight, for a leading Maltese tour operator.