In a milestone for the marine industry, ABB’s solutions on board a large passenger ship have been awarded cybersecurity verification from classification society DNV GL.
News most read
- ClassNK releases guidelines for Direct Load Analysis and Strength Assessment
- Mobil SHC Aware Gear Series oils secure additional thruster manufacturer approval
- Ports of Bremen and Bremerhaven sign up to Arctic commitment
- First passenger ferry to receive Cummins QSK95 Propulsion Power
- aqua-tools to urge tanker owners to assess treated ballast water
Ferries and Cruises
The technology group Wärtsilä has again been selected to provide an integrated system consisting of the LNG plant, dual-fuel engines, and electrical propulsion system for the latest addition to Vancouver, Canada based BC Ferries’ series of Salish Class vessels.
Celebrity Silhouette has returned from a 42-day bow-to-stern makeover, ready to transform the way modern travellers will experience the world.
Special celebrations were held in Savona for the naming ceremony of Costa Smeralda, Costa Cruises’ new flagship, powered by liquefied natural gas.
Nippon Paint Marine has signed a long-term supply contract with Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings to provide antifouling systems to 13 cruise ships operating under the Norwegian Cruise Line, Oceania Cruises, and Regent Seven Seas Cruises brands.
Kongsberg Maritime has won contracts to equip three adventure cruise ships, with a fourth to follow.