Guests traveling aboard Silversea’s Silver Cloud and Silver Whisper enjoyed a rare moment in the cruise line’s history when the two ships met in Antarctica’s Wilhelmina Bay on 4th February 2020.
News most read
- ClassNK releases guidelines for Direct Load Analysis and Strength Assessment
- Mobil SHC Aware Gear Series oils secure additional thruster manufacturer approval
- Ports of Bremen and Bremerhaven sign up to Arctic commitment
- First passenger ferry to receive Cummins QSK95 Propulsion Power
- aqua-tools to urge tanker owners to assess treated ballast water
Ferries and Cruises
Orkney-based Pentland Ferries, which operates from St Margaret’s Hope in Orkney to Gills Bay in the north-east of Scotland, has become the first ferry operator in the UK to have achieved a Green Tourism Award.
Kongsberg Maritime has announced the world’s first adaptive ferry transit conducted during normal service.
Like many harbour communities, Capbreton is turning to green technologies to reduce pollution of its air and waterways.
Virgin Voyages, the new lifestyle and travel brand delivering irresistible vacations, has revealed The Band – a sleek wearable technology made from recycled ocean plastic that will unlock voyage adventures for future Sailors upon the debut of Scarlet Lady on 1st April 2020.
Stena Line’s new ferry route between Halmstad in Sweden and Grenaa in Denmark has been officially opened.