Celebrity Beyond, the third ship in the highly acclaimed, award-winning Edge Series from Celebrity Cruises, has made the monumental move from concept to construct today as the first piece of steel was cut at the Chantiers de l’Atlantique shipyard in Saint-Nazaire, France.
News most read
- ClassNK releases guidelines for Direct Load Analysis and Strength Assessment
- Mobil SHC Aware Gear Series oils secure additional thruster manufacturer approval
- Ports of Bremen and Bremerhaven sign up to Arctic commitment
- First passenger ferry to receive Cummins QSK95 Propulsion Power
- aqua-tools to urge tanker owners to assess treated ballast water
Ferries and Cruises
When the much-anticipated Celebrity Apex is christened on 30th March, 2020, Celebrity Cruises will do more than continue the lineage of its ground-breaking Edge Series that began with the 2018 launch of Celebrity Edge.
MSC Cruises and Chantiers de l’Atlantique further extended their long-term partnership by making a number of strategic announcements at a ceremony held at the Matignon Palace, the French Prime Minister’s the official residence.
The technology group Wärtsilä will supply Chantiers de l’Atlantique, France, a comprehensive package of integrated solutions designed to support and enhance the efficiency and environmental sustainability of the first two world class cruise vessels being built for Geneva, Switzerland based MSC Cruises.
Silversea’s first-ever destination-specific ship, Silver Origin, has floated out of the De Hoop shipyard in Lobith, the Netherlands.
Oceania Cruises, the world’s leading culinary- and destination-focused cruise line, has opened its 2022 Around The World In 180 Days voyage for sale.