ABP’s Port of Ipswich is again the number one for the export of agricultural products in the UK, beating London, Bristol and Southampton to claim the title it has held since 2005.
News most read
- ClassNK releases guidelines for Direct Load Analysis and Strength Assessment
- Mobil SHC Aware Gear Series oils secure additional thruster manufacturer approval
- Ports of Bremen and Bremerhaven sign up to Arctic commitment
- First passenger ferry to receive Cummins QSK95 Propulsion Power
- aqua-tools to urge tanker owners to assess treated ballast water
Ports and Harbours
Cavotec has extended its leading position in automated mooring with two major orders for its MoorMaster NxG system, one in Sweden – the first order for MoorMaster in a market with considerable growth potential – and the other in neighbouring Finland, where the technology is already well established.
The Port of Southampton’s new world-class cruise facility, Horizon Cruise Terminal, has opened its doors to passengers for the first time ahead of its formal opening later in the year.
ABB’s Azipod propulsion will help Global Mercy enter less accessible harbours off the African coast while reducing vibrations and noise, crucial to the comfort of up to 200 patients and medical personnel on board.
Associated British Ports has taken delivery of a new £5 million airbridge in preparation for the opening of the new Horizon Cruise Terminal.
Wallenius Wilhelmsen, one of the world’s largest ro-ro carriers, is investing heavily in the Port of Gothenburg, with increased frequency and more destinations to and from the port.