Managing Members of The Northwest Seaport Alliance — port commissioners of Seattle and Tacoma — along with the president of the International Longshore and Warehouse Workers of Local 19, and president of local terminal operator SSA Terminals, have broke ground at Terminal 5, taking the first concrete steps in making the facility ‘big ship ready’ and adding the capability to handle simultaneously two of the shipping industry’s largest container vessels.
News most read
- ClassNK releases guidelines for Direct Load Analysis and Strength Assessment
- Mobil SHC Aware Gear Series oils secure additional thruster manufacturer approval
- Ports of Bremen and Bremerhaven sign up to Arctic commitment
- First passenger ferry to receive Cummins QSK95 Propulsion Power
- aqua-tools to urge tanker owners to assess treated ballast water
Ports and Harbours
The Port of Hamburg was rated Best Global Seaport by readers of the Asia Cargo News trade magazine.
The Port of Southampton and PortMiami signed a sister port agreement during a visit from a delegation of officials from the Florida-based port and Miami-Dade County.
The SMS Group, one of the country’s leading ship repairers and marine engineering services providers, has partnered with the Shoreham Port Authority to provide dedicated alongside ship repair wharfage, and to increase awareness of its Adur dry dock facility.
The Port of Gdansk Authority is taking part in the 2019 transport logistic fair in Munich. During the event, Gdansk’s port announced that it has established cooperation with the Port of Rotterdam on a system for searching for transport connections for customers.
In Germany’s largest universal Port of Hamburg, more than 135 million tons of seaborne cargo traffic are cleared annually.