Belgium’s largest shipyard has undergone a rebrand from Engine Deck Repair to EDR Antwerp Shipyard. Following a raft of investments either concluded or planned in recent years, the company says the rebranding underlines and expands EDR Antwerp Shipyard’s international presence as a full service shipyard in the heart of Europe.
News most read
- ClassNK releases guidelines for Direct Load Analysis and Strength Assessment
- Mobil SHC Aware Gear Series oils secure additional thruster manufacturer approval
- Ports of Bremen and Bremerhaven sign up to Arctic commitment
- First passenger ferry to receive Cummins QSK95 Propulsion Power
- aqua-tools to urge tanker owners to assess treated ballast water
Shipyards and Shipbuilding
On 3rd December in Hamburg, Damen Shipyards Group signed a contract with Opus Marine for the delivery of a Fast Crew Supplier 2710, to be named Allegro.
Cammell Laird has achieved its final milestone for the RRS Sir David Attenborough, formally handing over Britain’s new polar ship to the Natural Environment Research Council (NERC).
Bureau Veritas, a world leader in testing, inspection, and certification, has awarded classification to the research vessel Jákup Sverri.
Norwegian shipbuilder Aas Mekaniske Verksted has awarded PG Flow Solutions a contract to deliver pump systems to three wellboats that the shipyard is building for wellboat company Sølvtrans.
Damen Shipyards Group has recently signed a contract with HST Marine for the delivery of a Multi Cat 2309.