The SMS Group are relocating their Southampton headquarters as part of a longer-term plan to ensure both sustainability and commercial longevity.
News most read
- ClassNK releases guidelines for Direct Load Analysis and Strength Assessment
- Mobil SHC Aware Gear Series oils secure additional thruster manufacturer approval
- Ports of Bremen and Bremerhaven sign up to Arctic commitment
- First passenger ferry to receive Cummins QSK95 Propulsion Power
- aqua-tools to urge tanker owners to assess treated ballast water
Shipyards and Shipbuilding
Babcock, the aerospace and defence company has been awarded a four year contract by Serco to maintain and repair vessels for the Northern Isles ferry services between the Scottish mainland and the Orkney Islands and Shetland Islands.
Damen Marine Components has delivered two large 19A nozzles to Parlevliet & Van der Plas for its fishing trawler, the Margiris.
Amelia Ray, the 1600hp towboat Rodriquez Shipbuilding delivered to Mississippi operator L&L Marine Transportation in June, is now operational with a full range of Thordon oil-free and grease-free bearings designed to reduce a vessel’s lost charter days.
Boluda Towage Europe has ordered two 85-tonnes bollard pull ASD Tugs 2813 from Damen Shipyards Group, both complying with the most recent IMO Tier III emission standards, for operations in the Port of Zeebrugge as part of the extended concession for towage services.
Colombo Dockyard has launched a Buoy Tender Vessel being built for General Company for Ports of Iraq.