Onboard HMS Prince of Wales, Babcock has celebrated the engineering achievement and national endeavours of those that contributed to the delivery of the Queen Elizabeth-class carrier programme.
News most read
- ClassNK releases guidelines for Direct Load Analysis and Strength Assessment
- Mobil SHC Aware Gear Series oils secure additional thruster manufacturer approval
- Ports of Bremen and Bremerhaven sign up to Arctic commitment
- First passenger ferry to receive Cummins QSK95 Propulsion Power
- aqua-tools to urge tanker owners to assess treated ballast water
Shipyards and Shipbuilding
Damen Oskarshamnsvarvet in Sweden has won the public tender for a contract to undertake a major life extension programme on the survey and research vessel S/V Ocean Surveyor, owned by SGU, Sweden’s national geological survey agency.
Damen Shiprepair Rotterdam will soon deliver oceanographic research vessel OceanXplorer to OceanX following her extensive rebuild.
CRN, part of Ferretti Group, is the first shipyard in Italy to receive IMO Tier III certification for the CRN M/Y 137, a soon-to-be-delivered fully custom steel and aluminium 62-metre megayacht.
Hamburg based LNG supplier Nauticor and Fassmer have started cooperation in newbuilding and retrofitting projects for ships with LNG engines.
Emerald Waterways has officially entered the yacht cruising market with the launch of its first custom built 100 guest ocean-going super yacht – Emerald Azzurra – to be launched under the newly formed Emerald Yacht Cruises brand.