The technology group Wärtsilä has been selected to supply a comprehensive package of solutions for two new state-of-the-art vessels being built for the Netherlands-based shipping company Spliethoff.
News most read
- ClassNK releases guidelines for Direct Load Analysis and Strength Assessment
- Mobil SHC Aware Gear Series oils secure additional thruster manufacturer approval
- Ports of Bremen and Bremerhaven sign up to Arctic commitment
- First passenger ferry to receive Cummins QSK95 Propulsion Power
- aqua-tools to urge tanker owners to assess treated ballast water
Shipyards and Shipbuilding
VIKING has secured a contract from Kværner AS to deliver three VIKING Norsafe E-GES 52 electric free-fall lifeboats and compatible davits, in a significant advance for electric propulsion.
Damen Shiprepair Oranjewerf is celebrating 70 years of delivering repair, maintenance, conversion and refit services to the maritime industry.
UK shipbuilder Wight Shipyard Co. is continuing its success in the fast ferry sector securing an order for four vessels from Malta’s tourism Leaders, Captain Morgan.
The SMS Group, one of the UK’s leading ship repairers and marine engineering services providers, has completed two pieces of major interior outfit work for Holland America Line in the Caribbean and Canada.
Stena Line has officially taken ownership of its newest ferry, Stena Estrid, following a handover ceremony at the AVIC Weihai Shipyard in north-western China.