Mitsubishi Shipbuilding, a Group company of Mitsubishi Heavy Industries based in Yokohama, has concluded a contract with MOL to build two LNG-fueled ferries, the first such project in Japan.
News most read
- ClassNK releases guidelines for Direct Load Analysis and Strength Assessment
- Mobil SHC Aware Gear Series oils secure additional thruster manufacturer approval
- Ports of Bremen and Bremerhaven sign up to Arctic commitment
- First passenger ferry to receive Cummins QSK95 Propulsion Power
- aqua-tools to urge tanker owners to assess treated ballast water
Shipyards and Shipbuilding
Rolls-Royce and vessel designers Robert Allan have developed the world’s first shallow-water push boat powered by LNG natural gas engines.
The technology group Wärtsilä has signed a strategic development agreement with Chinese state-owned shipbuilder CSSC Huangpu Wenchong Shipbuilding Company Limited Huangpu Wenchong.
The technology group Wärtsilä has been selected to supply a comprehensive package of solutions for two new state-of-the-art vessels being built for the Netherlands-based shipping company Spliethoff.
VIKING has secured a contract from Kværner AS to deliver three VIKING Norsafe E-GES 52 electric free-fall lifeboats and compatible davits, in a significant advance for electric propulsion.
Damen Shiprepair Oranjewerf is celebrating 70 years of delivering repair, maintenance, conversion and refit services to the maritime industry.