ZEAMARINE has successfully been awarded a large ocean transportation contract from Schenker Australia Pty Limited for the BHP South Flank Project in Western Australia.
News most read
- ClassNK releases guidelines for Direct Load Analysis and Strength Assessment
- Mobil SHC Aware Gear Series oils secure additional thruster manufacturer approval
- Ports of Bremen and Bremerhaven sign up to Arctic commitment
- First passenger ferry to receive Cummins QSK95 Propulsion Power
- aqua-tools to urge tanker owners to assess treated ballast water
Castor Maritime Inc, a global shipping company specialising in the ownership of dry-bulk vessels, has announced it has entered into, through a separate wholly-owned subsidiary, an agreement to purchase a 2001 Korean built Panamax dry bulk carrier from an unaffiliated third party for a purchase price of $6.7 million.
GNS, the maritime technology company, and FrontM, the Edge AI software platform provider, have announced a new technology partnership to provide shipping companies with big savings onshore to ship voice calls.
The Union for Maritime Professionals in the UK, Nautilus International has joined the calls for British ships to avoid the Strait of Hormuz, following the seizure of the UK registered Stena Impero on Friday.
UNCTAD’s liner shipping connectivity index for 2019 is out showing countries that have improved or worsened their positions in maritime transport networks.
After a successful volunteer program in 2018, two more employees are preparing for a three-month adventure, joining the Mercy Ships hospital ship ‘Africa Mercy’.